Every day, more and more families find themselves in a struggle to keep a decent roof over their heads.
Habitat for Humanity recognizes that a decent place to live can remove barriers to opportunity, success and health, empowering people to become self-sustaining homeowners who then reinvest in their own communities.
You can partner with families in your local community and around the world as they achieve housing stability. With a gift that has an impact now or a gift that creates your legacy of empowerment, you can:
- Open doors of opportunity for people to partner with Habitat for home construction. Habitat homeowners work with volunteers to build their own homes, and they receive guidance on how to successfully sustain homeownership.
- Revitalize neighborhoods into vibrant, safe and inviting places to live. You can participate with people as they enhance the quality of life in communities Habitat serves. By expanding partnerships to include neighbors and local organizations, communities see vast improvements to and restoration of homes and surrounding areas.
- Facilitate housing markets that offer improved shelter to millions by 2020. Habitat’s Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter is finding new ways to achieve large-scale change for communities worldwide. Working with private sector companies for building materials and other supplies, Habitat finds lasting solutions to creating affordable housing that helps businesses as well.
- Offer disaster response and financial education. Volunteers and supporters like you make it possible for Habitat to aid families who find themselves needing to rebuild after natural disasters or when emergency conflicts arise. Additionally, we equip disaster survivors and Habitat homebuyers with the education and financial training they need to build long-term personal success, starting with attaining affordable housing.
Your gift not only benefits families and individuals by empowering them to become self-reliant, but also provides specific advantages for you. For example:
- Most gifts cost you nothing now.
- Many gifts pay you income.
- You are not obligated in any way when you give. You can change your beneficiaries any time.
- You can give a gift of any amount – whatever is right for you. There’s no minimum amount required.
Your support will ensure that your values of empowerment, community and strength continue for years to come.